Thursday, March 22, 2012

Eggs in a Mug

Wow, I'm pretty much horrible at blogging. I knew February was going to be a tough month, but it seems to have carried on into March. Luckily, I've noticed the toll my social calendar has been having on me and I'm cutting back. My goal is that I'll remember to do things like blog and sleep.

Anyways, on my way to working towards a better me, I have discovered what Hungry Girl calls Egg Muggs. I'm generally not too keen on her recipes; I think she can get too wrapped up in calorie-counting to realize the stuff she includes isn't always the healthiest. I do think she's great when it comes to finding new and interesting products though.

She suggests using just egg white substitute, but I'm all about the whole egg. Take out the yolk, and you miss out on a ton of extra minerals and vitamins and so forth. For example, it's packed with choline, which boosts the production of acetylcholine, a neurotransmitter that helps you feel more alert, clear-headed and creative. Pretty sure I need to feel more alert.

And seriously? It's really not that fattening the grand scheme of things.

SO this is how mine works.

1) Find a clean mug and spray it down with cooking nonstick spray. (Have I ever told you about my strong dislike of washing dishes and my intense need for drinking tea?)


2) Crack two eggs into the mug and add a handful of whatever cheese is in my fridge. Scramble them together with a fork. (Note to self: Get more cheese.)


3) Microwave for 1 minute, take it out and mix up some more. Depending on your microwave, put it in again for 30 seconds to one minute.


4) Top with ketchup, and enjoy!


This is what I've been eating for dinner for the past couple of days. (And sorry for the crappy quality of the photos. Apparently my camera phone sucks a ton.)

2 comments:

  1. This scares me. Are you sure its tasty?

    (also, screw healthy. lets go down the street and get wine.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super tasty! Just make sure your eggs are cooked all the way.

    And I am down for drinks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...