Friday, February 3, 2012

My Juice Cleanse: Day 2

9:30am: And we’re on to Day 2. I feel like I slept better last night than I have in the past few weeks, so that was nice. My morning was pretty normal as well. Although I started to get a little hungry on the commute.


11:34am: On to bottle #2. So while I got the classic cleanse, my co-worker got the seasonal cleanse. We switched our #2 bottles today, and hers is made from orange, blackberry and apple. It’s very sweet. In a way, I kind of wish I had just gone with the green juice. But I’ll be back to that soon enough tomorrow.


1:46pm: Just went and got bottle #3. WANT. REAL. FOOD. This cleanse is all beautifying and detoxing, etc. but dude, someone give me a burrito. I haven’t caved and eaten my celery yet, but well, I am not a happy camper.


4:00pm-ish: Bottle #4 still burns as it goes down my throat. I am growing increasingly cranky. I still want the burrito, too. Why did I think a cleanse would be a good idea? (Although, I should add that I’m still not really hungry. I just really miss solid food.)




6:30pm-ish: On to bottle #5. Very tired of cleansing. But (and this could very well be the most important thing you learn from my experience) going to the movies when cleansing turns out to be a bad idea. Movies are long, and your bladder will hate you. (My Week with Marilyn was great though, and I only missed maybe 3 minutes.)


9:15pm: Ahh, my favorite bottle of the day: #6. All is well with the world again, and I’ve survived day 2 of the cleanse (without eating any celery!).


Frankly, the evenings are much easier to handle. It’s around lunchtime that I have trouble with. I can’t say I think this cleanse will curb my cravings, but I’m glad I’ve stuck with it so far.


This should have gone up yesterday, but I had computer problems. Sorry!
**I got the cleanse through work for free. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...